for 9 months and up
Preparing for ear piercing:
- Ear piercing is available for children 9 months and older who are up to date on vaccines
- It is not covered by insurance. There is a $40 fee due when you check in for the appointment. This fee includes the earrings
- Your visit will take 15-20 minutes
- There is no follow up needed after the ear piercing
Home care instructions:
- Leave the new piercing in at least 4 weeks before removing. Ideally leave in for 6 weeks. This is to allow healing.
- To prevent infection and irritation avoid swimming and clothes that can snag the earring.
- Until it heals, always wash hands before touching the new piercing.
- Twice a day, clean with cotton swab and clean soapy water. Dab around earring.
- DO NOT USE ALCOHOL to clean ears as this can be drying and affect proper healing of the new piercing.
- While ear is wet turn earring in ear a few times.
- If there is redness, swelling, pus or tenderness of the ear, remove earring and return to office for evaluation.