for 9 months and up
Preparing for ear piercing:
- Ear piercing is available for children 9 months and older who are up to date on vaccines
- This is not covered by insurance. There is a $40 fee due when you check in for the appointment. This fee also includes the earrings
- Your visit will take approximately 15-20 minutes
- There is no follow up needed after your appointment
Home care instructions:
- Leave the new piercing in for at least 4 weeks before removing or changing earrings. Ideally you should leave the earrings in for 6 weeks. This allows the ear to fully heal.
- To prevent infection and irritation avoid swimming and wearing clothes that can snag or pull on the earring.
- Until the ear heals, always wash your hands before touching the new piercing.
- Twice a day, clean the pierced area with a cotton swab and warm soapy water. Dab gently around earring.
- DO NOT USE ALCOHOL to clean ears as this can be drying and affect proper healing of the new piercing.
- While ear is wet turn the earring in circles a few times.
- If there is redness, swelling, pus, or tenderness of the ear, remove earring and return to office for an evaluation.