After Hours Care
Dr. Moemeka knows that getting sick isn’t convenient. That’s why she shares a special after-hours number with all families: 972-292-0810. Call this number anytime from when the office closes until 8pm to set up a video chat or home visit. After 8pm, she is still available by phone to answer questions about your child’s illness or condition. If in person care is needed after 8pm, Dr. Moemeka may ask you to bring your child to an urgent care center for evaluation and treatment. Usually, she recommends that you make an appointment during office hours for routine sick care. You can use the patient portal 24/7 to request appointments.
Dr. Moemeka advises you to bring your child to the emergency room or call 911 if your child
- Is having trouble breathing or stops breathing,
- Has swelling around the face, lips or mouth
- Is turning blue,
- Is vomiting all liquids,
- Has a fever of 104 or higher that doesn’t decrease with the correct dose of ibuprofen or acetaminophen
- Has a broken bone
- Has bleeding that you cannot stop
- Has a seizure or uncontrollable movements
- Has sudden weakness or loss of consciousness
- Is unusually sleepy or lethargic
If your child visits the urgent care, emergency room, retail clinic or stays in the hospital, make sure to let the care team know your child’s PCP is Dr. Angela Moemeka. This allows them to share your health records with Mark9 Pediatrics. After any of these visits, call or go online to schedule your transition of care visit.