After Hours Care
Dr. Moemeka understands that getting sick isn’t convenient. For this reason, she shares a special after-hours number with all families: 972-292-0810. You can call this number anytime from when the office closes until 8pm to set up a video chat or home visit. After 8pm, she is still available by phone to answer questions about your child’s illness, condition, and symptoms. However, if Dr. Moemeka thinks in-person care is needed after 8pm, she may ask you to take your child to an urgent care center for evaluation and treatment. On the other hand, she recommends that you make an appointment during regular office hours for routine sick care. You can use the patient portal 24/7 in order to request these appointments.
Dr. Moemeka advises you to take your child to the emergency room or call 911 if your child:
- Is having trouble breathing or stops breathing
- Has swelling around the face, lips, or mouth
- Is turning blue
- Is vomiting all liquids
- Runs a fever of 104 or higher that doesn’t decrease with the correct dose of ibuprofen or acetaminophen
- Is suspected to have a broken bone
- Has bleeding that you cannot stop
- Experiences a seizure or uncontrollable movements
- Has sudden weakness or loss of consciousness
- Is unusually sleepy or lethargic
If your child visits the urgent care, emergency room, retail clinic or stays in the hospital, make sure to let the care team know your child’s PCP is Dr. Angela Moemeka. As a result, they will be able to share your health records with Mark9 Pediatrics. Following any of these visits, call or go online to schedule a transition of care visit.